Thursday, June 17, 2010

Successful Service Recovery Strategies (1)

You have a wonderful product and excellent service delivery system. But do you know that despite all you have put in place to give your customer the best possible service, your company/business might fall short of customer’s expectation someday!

What do you do when your customer becomes dissatisfied? Do you have a system in place to make them trust and fall back on you again after the disappointment?

Let me share my experience with you of a business that lost my trust in them because they did not have a service recovery process in place to help pacify angry customers.

I ordered a plate of fried rice and chicken from an eatery which was delivered to my office at the right time and the food was good, but the chicken was not properly cooked. I called the manager and laid my complaint.He said that he was sorry but nothing was done concerning the situation.I expected a replacement, but i think they were more interested in their coffers than satisfying me.

Of course I got angry and stop patronizing them. And guess what? I told all my colleagues and most of them stopped patronizing them too. I’m sure you know the implication of this on their sales.

What is service recovery?

Service recovery deals with the proper management of customers’ dissatisfaction, complaints or problems with your organizations’ products/service that will result in restored confidence and continual patronage.

To implement service recovery programs, proactive organizations should have
a) strategic initiatives in place before the actual problem occurs and
b) tactical activities that should happen after a problem has occurred and the customer lays the complaint.

Let’s look at 3 strategies you should have in place before the problems come.

(to be continued in the next post)

No comments:

Post a Comment